Tuesday, July 1, 2008

College

Today is the 1st day of July. June has ended. I just can't believe that 6 months had passed so fast. Haiz.. This shows that times flies. lol. July is also comsidered one of my favourite month. Haha.

About EURO 2008 football tournament which concluded recently, It was the best ever tournment hosted by Switzerland and Austria. Although this year tournament produce the fewest goal compared to last year tournament, but there is less red card shown by the referee to the players. Only 3 This shows that more players are showing their true respect to the referee and also respect the referee's decision. Overall, I watch all the 31 matches live because I've nothing to do at home. So, that is why I can stay up late to watch all the matches. Lol. The teams also put up a good show during the 3 week period tournament.

As for the final match between Germany and Spain. I think that Spain truely deserved to win the title and they had outclass the German side who are eventually inconsistant. I actually supported the Germans to clinch their fourth title but my supporting team ended up losing to a good and strong Spanish side. *sobs* *sobs*. But nevermind, football is football. There is a winning team and a losing team. lol. Anyway, life still go on for all of us.

As what the Astro Supersport's pundit Paul Masefield had said " Football is a very cruel sport"
I 100% support his statement. This is because that sometimes when a team which is leading until a dying seconds their opponent scored a vital goal which eventually killed off their hopes of winning the match. I can relate this statement to the Turkish side. Fof the 3 consecutive matches, they were about to knockout from the tournament. But they fought back from the very last minute to score a stunning goal that leads them to the victory and also all the way to the semi-final where they lost to Germany also from a very last minute goal. The Turks also stunned Europe with their "never say die attitude" throughout the tournament.

So EURO 2008 has over. The football fewer had ended. *sobs* *sobs*

The next football tournament will be 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup in South Africa and the long awaited 2010 FIFA World Cup also in South AFrica.

So, it is now back to club football to all players in August. lol.

Another 1 more day I will begin my studies in college. Now I must start studying and there goes my long 7 month break. For the past 7 months, Ive been doing nothing at home and lazed around. I did read my econimics book which my dad bought it for me. So, a new challenge awaits me. lol.

That is all for today. Take care and God bless :)

No comments: